Updated: February 21, 2019
Welcome to the web site (the “Site”) of Arundo Analytics, Inc. (“Arundo”, “we”, “us” and/or “our”). This Site is operated by Arundo and has been created to provide information about our company and our solutions, tools, applications, platform and related services to our visitors, users and customers (“you”, “your”). Arundo provides cloud-based and edge-enabled software and related services for the deployment and management of enterprise-scale industrial machine learning solutions (“Services”).
Data We Collect:
When you interact with us through the Site and our Services, we collect Personal Data and other information from you, as described below:
Service Data: In providing the Services to our customers, we process on behalf of customers Personal Data they upload, display, back-up or otherwise submit to our Services (“Service Data”). While our customers decide what data to submit, Service Data typically includes information about their employees, independent contractors, agents, end customer and any other users, including contact details (such as name, position and email address).
Our Use of Your Data:
To provide the service and respond to requests. When you contact us by email or other electronic means, submit a support issue, ask for a demo, we will use the Personal Data you provide to answer your question, resolve your problem or respond to your request. Also, if you provide Personal Data in order to obtain access to the Services, we will use your Personal Data to provide you with access to such Services, maintain your account, contact you regarding your use of the Services and/or the Site or to notify you of important changes to the Services and/or the Site and to monitor your use of such Services. For EU users, our legal basis or justification for such use is the necessity to respond to or implement your request and, when you are a customer or user, for the performance of the contract between you and us.
We process Service Data on behalf of customers for the purpose of providing the Services to customers in accordance with the applicable customer contract.
For marketing purposes. Arundo and its subsidiaries and affiliates may use your contact details to contact you in the future to tell you about services we believe will be of interest to you, upcoming events, press releases and similar media mentions, or other promotions. If we do so, each marketing communication we send you will contain instructions permitting you to "opt-out" of receiving future marketing communications. In addition, if at any time you wish not to receive any future marketing communications or you wish to have your name deleted from our mailing lists, please contact us as indicated below.
If required by the applicable law (for example, if you are in the European Economic Area), we will send you marketing information by email if you consent to us doing so at the time you provide us with your Personal Data (in such case, our legal basis for the processing of your personal data will be your consent). When you provide us with your consent to be contacted for marketing purposes, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by following the instructions to “opt-out” of receiving marketing communication in each marketing email we send you or by contacting us as indicated below.
Business administration and legal compliance. We use your Personal Data as necessary for compliance with legal or regulatory requirements, to enforce our legal rights, to protect rights of third parties, in connection with a business transition such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets. For EU users, use of your Personal Data in connection with a business transition, to enforce our legal rights or to protect the rights of third parties is necessary for our legitimate interest to do so. For all other purposes described in this section, use of your Personal Data is necessary to comply with any legal obligations imposed upon us such as a court order.
As necessary for certain legitimate business interests, which include the following:
- We use data generated by, provided in connection with, or derived from use of the Services (such as your username, email address and IP address) for our internal purposes, namely for providing, maintaining, protecting, developing and improving Arundo’s offerings (in particular resolving any bugs and fixes, enhancing or improving features of existing products and developing new products and capabilities), preventing fraud or criminal activity, misuses of our products or services and ensuring the security of our IT systems, architecture and networks, subject to Arundo’s compliance with applicable law. We may anonymize, aggregate and de-identify the data that we collect and use such anonymized, aggregated and de-identified data for statistical or benchmarking purposes.
- We use data relating to your use of and interaction with the Site and the Services, including analytics information that we obtain through cookies and similar technologies, to better understand your needs and interests in order to inform our marketing strategy (for example, we may use information on your location and your stated job title to send you a personalized message) and improve your access to, experience with and use of the Site and the Services.
- If you ask us to delete your data or to be removed from our marketing lists and we are required to fulfil your request, we may keep basic data to identify you and to further unwanted processing.
- We share Personal Data among our subsidiaries and affiliates for administering and providing the Services, for administrative purposes and in relation to our sales and marketing activities.
Our Disclosure of Your Data:
We share your Personal Data with certain third parties, as set forth below:
Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets.
Legal Requirements: Arundo may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation or lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of Arundo, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public, or (iv) protect Arundo against legal liability.
EU Data Subjects:
Data Controller: Arundo is the data controller for the processing of your Personal Data (but we are a data processor for Personal Data that our customers submit to our Services). Our establishment in the European Economic Area is in Norway (Arundo Analytics AS). Please see the “Contacting Arundo” section below to find out how to contact us.
Your Rights: Subject to applicable law, you have the following rights in relation to your Personal Data:
- Right of access: If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your Personal Data and, if so, provide you with a copy of that Personal Data along with certain other details. If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
- Right to rectification: If your Personal Data is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to ask that we correct or complete it. If we shared your Personal Data with others, we will tell them about the correction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data so you can contact them directly.
- Right to restrict processing: You may ask us to restrict or ‘block’ the processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of the data or object to us processing it. We will tell you before we lift any restriction on processing. If we shared your Personal Data with others, we will tell them about the restriction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data so you can contact them directly.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain your Personal Data from us that you consented to give us or that was provided to us as necessary in connection with our contract with you. We will give you your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You may reuse it elsewhere.
- Right to object: You may ask us at any time to stop processing your Personal Data, and we will do so:
- If we are relying on a legitimate interest to process your Personal Data (described under the “Our Use of Your Data” section above) -- unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing, or
- If we are processing your Personal Data for direct marketing.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling: You have the right to be free from decisions based solely on automated processing of your Personal Data, including profiling, which produce a significant legal effect on you, unless such profiling is necessary for entering into, or the performance of, a contract between you and us, or with your explicit consent.
- Right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent to process your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, but this will not affect any processing of your data that has already taken place. Right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority: If you have a concern about our privacy practices, including the way we handled your Personal Data, you can report it to the data protection authority that is authorized to hear those concerns.
You may exercise your rights by contacting us as indicated under “Contact Arundo” section below.
Data Transfers: We rely on the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield certification to transfer Personal Data that we receive from the EU and Switzerland to Arundo in the U.S. (for more information, please read the “Privacy Shield” section below).
General. We rely on our Privacy Shield certification to transfer Personal Data that we receive from the EU and Switzerland to Arundo in the U.S. and we process such in accordance with the Privacy Shield Principles of Notice, Choice, Accountability for Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation, Access, and Recourse, Enforcement and Liability (“Privacy Shield Principles”), as described below.
Notice and Choice: This Policy provides notice of the Personal Data collected and transferred under the Privacy Shield and the choice that you have with respect to such data. It also provides information about other Privacy Shield Principles that are set forth below. When we process Service Data on behalf of our customer, the customer will be responsible for providing appropriate notice and choice to its users, as the customer controls the Personal Data it has submitted to our Services. Except as required or permitted by applicable law, we honor all customers’ requests from their users to limit use or disclosure of such Personal Data.
Access. You have certain rights to access, correct, amend, or delete Personal Data where it is inaccurate, or has been processed in violation of the Privacy Shield Principles. Please see the “EU Data Subject” section above for more information on rights of EU data subjects (and, to the extent applicable, data subjects in Switzerland). When we process Service Data on behalf of our customers, the customer will be responsible to respond to requests for exercising their data subjects’ rights. We honor all customers’ requests from their users to access, correct, amend, or delete such data to the extent legally allowed.
Recourse, Enforcement, Liability. In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Arundo commits to resolve complaints about our processing of your Personal Data. European Union and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding this Private Shield Policy should first contact Arundo as follows:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Cc: email@example.com
- Attention: Privacy Request
- Postal Mail: Arundo Analytics, Inc. Attn: Privacy 1600 Smith Street, Suite 3730 Houston, TX 77002
We have further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to an alternative dispute resolution provider. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider JAMS (free of charge) at https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield. Arundo will cooperate with JAMS pursuant to the JAMS International Mediation Rules, available on the JAMS website at www.jamsadr.com/international-mediation-rules.
If your complaint is not resolved through these channels, under certain conditions a binding arbitration option may be available before a Privacy Shield Panel. For additional information, please visit: https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction.
We are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission with respect to Personal Data received or transferred pursuant to the Frameworks.
You can visit the Site without providing any Personal Data. If you choose not to provide any Personal Data, you may not be able to use certain Services.
Links to Other Web Sites
Social Media Pages/Profiles
Arundo takes reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the Personal Data provided via the Site and Services from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, email or messages sent to or from the Site and the Services may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Internet or via email. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to Arundo via the Internet or via email.
Other Terms and Conditions
Your access to and use of the Services is subject to the Terms of Service at www.arundo.com/terms-of-service and, if applicable, the customer agreement you and/or your organization entered into with Arundo.
You may contact us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at:
Arundo Analytics, Inc.
1600 Smith Street, Suite 3730
Houston, TX 77002, USA
Arundo Analytics AS
0167 Oslo, Norway